By Francis Kaivilu
7th April, 2020
Kenya has confirmed 14 more cases of the Coronavirus for the last 24 hours raising the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 172.
During a press briefing on Covid-19 on Tuesday afternoon, Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe has confirmed that 3 more Covid-19 patients have so far recovered from the pandemic upping the number of confirmed Covid-19 recoveries in the country to 7.
Kagwe has said that among the 14 patients, 12 are Kenyans and 2 are foreign nationals.He also said that 4 out of the 14 had history of travel.
The Health docket boss has confirmed that 4 of the 14 Covid-19 patients were from mandatory quarantine while the other 10 had been traced by the Ministry of Health team.
Kagwe has urged Kenyans to be ready for the worst Covid-19 moments in future.
“Let us place ourselves for bad news,” Kagwe urged.
The Health Cs has apologised to those in mandatory quarantine citing that the environment they are living in isn’t convenient but added that it is necessary for combating the pandemic.
He has applauded the ministry of Information, Communication and Technology for providing digital learning platforms for pupils and students at home.
Kagwe has appreciated leaders in the for front fighting the disease, giving an example of Mombasa County governor Ali Hassan Joho for providing Mombasa residents with sanitizers.
These latest Covid-19 patients are from the following counties:
Nairobi – 7
Mombasa – 2
Machkos – 1
Kisii – 1
Kiambu – 1
Mandera – 2
Kagwe has pointed that the 2 Mandera county cases were as a result of travelling from Nairobi to Mandera county emphasizing on the need for total movement restriction in and out of Nairobi Metropolitan as directed by the country’s boss Uhuru Kenyatta yesterday.