BREAKING NEWS: There is no estate now that does not have a Covid-19 case, CS Mutahi Kagwe

2 min read
Share Button

By Francis Kaivilu

18th April, 2020

Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe has confirmed that there is no estate now that does not have a Covid-19 case urging all Kenyans to remain vigilant by adhering to the set guidelines by the ministry of Health on fighting Coronavirus.

The confident and persuasive Cs has given some examples of these estates with the number of Covid-19 cases from them as follows:

• Kilimani – 3
• Karen – 5
• Pipeline – 5
• Utawala – 4
• Eastleigh -1
• Mlolongo – 1 among other estates.

While addressing the media Saturday afternoon, Kagwe has confirmed that 1,115 samples have been tested in the last 24 hours with 16 people testing positive for the virus. This has raised the total confirmed cases in the country to 262.
The sixteen patients are aged between 23 – 84 years.

Kagwe has said that fifteen out of the sixteen are Kenyans while one is a foreigner. Twelve are males and four are females. The Cs has pointed that neither of them had a travel history nor from government mandatory quarantine facilities.

The sixteen new patients are from Mombasa, Nairobi and Homabay counties.

On the other hand, the health docket boss has confirmed that Kenya has recorded seven more Covid-19 recoveries bringing the total number of confirmed recoveries in the country to sixty.

He has also confirmed that two more Covid-19 patients have succumbed to the pandemic upping the number of confirmed Covid-19 cases in the country to twelve.

The Cs has said that despite the government’s efforts to fight the pandemic, there are Kenyans who are doing directly opposite to what they are guided or else directed to do. He has given an example of some people who had been quarantined in Mandera county and gave bribes to come out of the quarantine facility warning that they, together with those who received the bribes will face the consequences.

He has urged Kenyans to get credible information on Covid-19 only from the Ministry of Health(MOH) and World Health Organization(WHO).

Kagwe has however applauded all health workers in the country for their commendable job in fighting the pandemic.

The Health Cs has given all the 262 covid-19 patients’ age breakdown as follows:
Years No. of patients
• 0 – 14 – 8
• 15 – 29 – 70
• 30 – 59 – 164
• Above 60 – 20

TOTAL: 262

End.

#StayHome

#StaySafe

#WashHands

#MaintainSocialDistance

#KomeshaCorona

Facebook Comments
414
Share Button

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *